7-May-15 Eastern Awarded Early Works for Qasr Al Hosn - Heritage Site
Qasr al-Hosn, also known as the White Fort was constructed in 1761 as a conical watchtower to defend the only freshwater well in Abu Dhabi island. The tower was later expanded into a small fort in 1793 by the then ruler, Shakhbut bin Dhiyab Al Nahyan, and became the permanent residence of the ruling Sheikh. The tower took its present shape after a major extension in the late 1930s. It remained the Emir's palace (hence the name Qasr al-Hosn, meaning Palace fort) and was the seat of government until 1966.
Eastern is please to announce it has been awarded the advanced works for maintenance and repair for this prestigious G+3+R building The client is the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority